Friday, October 16, 2009

Lost Generation

Im a part of a Lost generation

and i refuse to believe

that i can save the world

I realize this may be a shock but

"happiness comes from within"

is a lie and

"money will make me happy"

so in 30 years i will tell my children

they are not the most important thing in my life

my employer will know that

I have priorities straight because

work

is more important than

family

i tell you this,

Once upon a time

families stayed together

but this is not true in my era

This is a quick fix society.

Experts tell me

30 years from now i will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of my divorce

i do not concede that

i will live in a country of my own making

in the future,

environmental destruction will be the norm

no longer can it be said

that my peers and i care about the earth

it will be evident that

my generation is apathetic and lethargic

it is foolish to presume that

there is hope.


AND IT WILL HAPPEN IF WE DIDN'T REVERSE IT.

No comments: