Probably out of every Filipino in the Philippines, if asked "is the government corrupt?", would shout YES.
The sad thing about this is, YES it is. We see it in the news, the streets, offices pretty much everywhere. Especially in government sectors, you name it, they got some. Unfortunately for us, we got some greedy and abusive people in power that sucking us all to dry.
But if we ask you that "is it all their fault?", would you think?
Would you just say YES and keep on blaming JUST the government and think that you are a victim of this crappy system?
Here is a SADDER truth for all of us, WE are in part of this. WE are also to blame for as to why this corruption is now rampant as a virus killing everyone.
As weird and probably unbelievable as it sounds,but we are included in the BLAME list. Not just our government, but us as well.
We became part of this long before it started, and the worse
part is we let it grew this big and now we treat it as PART OF LIFE LIVING in the Philippines.
As a part of our SYSTEM that we go on.
We urge the government to change, yet step down on their positions to promote change. Which is basically true but, think about this.
IF WE CHANGE OUR LEADERS BUT WE DON'T CHANGE OUR WAYS, DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
So, all those protest in the streets are useless if we don't impose change on ourselves first. "So what are we suppose to change anyway?"
WHY WE ARE TO BLAME?
Yes, as bad as it sounds, we are to blame as well. The reason is we TOLERATE the people in power, in doing what they shouldn't be doing.
BEING CORRUPT. Yes people protest in the streets but it is still not enough to encourage change that we really want. Because we still let the other people abuse their powers on us. The sad thing is, WE DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN to ourselves. What is complaining to ourselves gonna do? Time for us to change our living ways if we wanna push the government to change as well. It should start form us, and not wait for them because really... "Lions won't go hunting in a field without deers."
So what are the things we do as to why are we part of the blame... Well, here are some examples, and please don't act surprised after you read them because everybody knows this is
true and VERY VISIBLE!!!
HOW ARE WE A PART OF THE CRAPPY SYSTEM:
THE ADVENTURE OF THE TRAFFIC OFFICER
- We tolerate POLICE every time we are pulled over in the roads, streets,where ever, when they ASK MONEY from us and we're "off the hook" whatever our penalty is. If you say you hate corruption, you shouldn't be agreeing on this thing. Pretty much everyday someone get pulled over, this scenario happens. Most of the times THE DRIVERS initiate the "conversation" first.
Please, think about this...
THE "I DON'T WANNA WAIT." SYSTEM OF PROCESSING
- People complain about how government sectors are corrupt. And yet when people process their papers and documents on government sectors, they have to pay a FIXER. Now see this, people hate corruption and yet they don't mind to pay a fixed amount of money to "fast process" their papers, faster than the others who are LAWFULLY doing the process. Is it because they were to lazy and undisciplined to fall in line and wait? Is it because they are to dumb that they don't wanna take any exams regarding the document being filed. First of all, there's no guarantee if this "FIXER" can really "FIX" your papers or they're just trying to extort you. Second,If you support this kind of "processing" then you are PRO CORRUPTION.
Please think about this...
THE TRYING TO BE BLIND AND DEAF AND MUTE MAN
- A lot of people has been seeing THINGS in their local government that, well shouldn't be happening. A lot of people have been WAITING for things their local government promised to give and yet didn't happen. And yet a lot of people are BEING BLIND, DEAF and MUTE about it like they don't even care. But then you hear them complain about this and that, this is missing and this should not be here, and they spent too much money on this why only that came up, TO THEMSELVES! Here's the deal, we all have the right to know what's going on in our local government. If we are seeing things that shouldn't be happening, or not seeing things that SHOULD happen. We have the right to ask "what's going on?" The thing is people just act DUMBFOUNDED on it and JUST LETS IT GO. Talk about being on the side of corruption. And well all not that this is not just a government thing. Yes we are talking about private sectors too. They do this to their people as well and yet the people are just "nah..."
Please think about this...
IN OUR COUNTRY, CHEATERS WIN
- And in here, well it doesn't really need a whole lot of explanation. People hate corruption. But they cheat on taxes. They cheat on expenses. They cheat their documents. They kickback on money, money that should be for the use of good for the people. Worse of all, THEY CHEAT THEMSELVES.
By SELLING THEIR VOTES. Do we need to say more?
Please think about this...
And if you think it's just the government who's greedy, take a
good look at these.
THE NON GOVERNMENT'S
- The pirated CD's. Those unregistered public vehicles. Unlicensed products. Every time people patronize these is making it worse. Why do you think these CD's get into the country when it's illegal? Why do you think vans are getting pulled over by cops everyday. Why do you think that the LEGALLY permitted drivers and operators of businesses don't earn profit. Every thing unlicensed and unregistered anything that the people take advantage of causes a chain reaction to corruption.
Please think about this.
These are just some of a few examples that is still present in the Philippines. Everybody knows that there is more to it than this, but this should be enough to make you think and realize that WE REALLY ARE A PART of it. Are you thinking now?